tisdag 31 augusti 2010

The Night that Never Was...




I don't really remember what got me into fashion. But I definitely remember what brought me to London! I remeber my mother asking me why I want to go to London and not Paris to study fashion. I had my magazine open on an article about Matthew Williamson. I pointed at the article and said: "That's why!"

Ever since that day, the quite manchesterboy-turned-world famous fashion designer have always been an inspiration to me. My interest in fashion didn't start at an early age as I would've wanted it to. I think I only considered it as a future carrear choice towards the end of high school. Growing up in Stockholm, that's known for the minimal, structured and a bit depressing fashion I quickly realized that my designs wouldn't be a great hit if I would choose to stay in Stockholm. I've always imagined myself as a cruise-designer. I like a bit of escapism in everyday life.


I can't say that growing up was a major struggle for me, if I think about it I've always got everything I wanted. Many succesful designers never experienced the same kind of childhood. I must say I secretly envy them a little.

On an unexpected friday dinner-turned-night out I actually got to meet my idol. If someone would've told me 1,5 years ago (when I didn't get into Saint Martins, first time) that I would later not only move to London, but also dance all night with my favourite fashion designer; I would not have believed a word of it!

x

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar